Sunday, January 2, 2011

DC Coast - New Year's Eve 2010

Friday night, the fam and I went to DC Coast.  This is one of those places I've been meaning to try for awhile and after riding around the city for nearly an hour in search of a place that opened before 5:30pm, we settled on DC coast.  It opened at 5:30, by the way.  If nothing else the baby got a nap during the drive.

The staff was extremely welcoming and attentive and our waiter, his name escapes me, was excellent.  I finally got a chance to try caviar (loved it) and baked alaska.  My husband had the special smoked lobster dish with crispy fried spinach.  The lobster was great, but I found the spinach to be on the oily side.  I chose the gnocchi which was darn near perfect, although I am afraid to know how many weight watchers points this cost me.  I guestimated on the high side.  The CEO martini was very nice even though it was not made with Grey Goose.

Of course, no family trip to anywhere is complete without a trip to the restroom.   Little Miss is not potty trained, so we are still changing pull-ups.  The bathroom was downstairs and the first thing to hit me was the scent.  No worries, it was a very good scent.  It has to be the best smelling restroom EVER.   It was very clean, fully stocked, with a full length mirror and good hand soap.   Unfortunatley, there was no changing table, but this is my 3rd child so I know how to make it work without dropping her on the floor.  The only slight drawback was not having a trashcan right at the door to keep from having to touch the door handle.

This one is on my return list!  Good food, clean bathrooms and excellent martinis; what's better than that?

2 comments:

plumbing said...

Choosing the right lavatory can give you satisfaction and convenient in using it.

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it when folks come together and share ideas.
Great site, continue the good work!
My site : insomnia treatment