Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Benihana, Georgetown, New Year's Eve

Happy New Year Everyone! Last night we took the boys (ages 2 and 6) to Benihana in Georgetown for New Year's Eve dinner. We don't keep them up until midnight for obvious reasons. At any rate we thought they were old enough to enjoy the spectacle that is Benihana. Overall Benihana was just fun as it was back when I was a kid. My 6 year declared it was better than Disney World. We'll see what he has to say when we make it the next family vacation destination. HA! My little guy was mesmerized and enjoyed it as well. Overall the food was OK. Our steak was overdone and the shrimp were not fully deveined, but the chicken, salad and soup were all good. Their special drink for the evening was a Cranberry Mojito. It was very nice, but that second one did sneak up on me. Of course, a trip to the restroom was necessary as is the case whenever we have the kids with us. I'll just say this; they keep those grills amazingly clean and I guess that's why they completely ignore their bathrooms!! Paper was everywhere because the waste basket had not been emptied. The soap dispenser was leaking and it had been for some time the soap had damaged the wood between the sink and the wall, causing it to separate. The sink also had not been cleaned in awhile nor had the toilets. It wasn't the worst bathroom I've been in, but I was very disappointed. Overall a fun place, but avoid the restroom if you can.

1 comment:

Donatella's Slaver said...

Oh my, that brings back memories from the old Roy Rogers in NYC. Nothing says "Welcome, goober tourists" like shit-smeared walls and tp stuffed in the sink.